• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fire code adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PAPP

Pheew, I thought I was sweating for nothing and almost cried! Thank you for your reassurance, Zigner.

PAPP

I'm itching to know how to find the Santa Clara county regulation with the county letterhead while I'm waiting for a reply from the city which I won't get this weekend. I would appreciate if you could direct me where I can find it.

The format I'm talking about is this: https://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/DocumentCenter/View/111/BBQ-Regulations

This one is published on the website of one of the cities in the county. They just put the county regulation. However, this is the old version and I'm looking for the newer county regulation.

I tried to find the latest one, but my search skill is not good enough to find it. I contacted the county fire department, but they just directed me to contact my city even though I asked about the county regulation.

I would like to find the 2010 version or newer county regulation with the county letterhead. If you know how to find it or websites I can search for it, I would appreciate if you could direct me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why do you believe there is a newer version? If there is no newer version, then the old version still applies.

Why are you so hell-bent to find the regulation. If you feel someone is in violation, do as the regulation says and report it to the property manager and/or the fire department.

PAPP

Thank you for your reply, Zigner. My apartment manager and I are confused with the regulations because what we referred to say different things about a sprinkler system and if we can find the present county regulation, he can take appropriate action without any hesitation.

It seems that the state made the major change in 2008 and all cities in the county have adopted it. Then it seems the state made the small change and all cities in the county adopted it in 2010. I found about this small change in the regulation of one of the cities in the county. This 2010 version says if the apartment doesn't have a sprinkler system on the balcony, a propane BBQ grill can't be operated. I found two cities show the summary of the 2010 version regulation on their websites.

However, my city seems not to notice the sprinkler system part change. Someone in the fire department said to my manager they didn't know it.

I contacted two cities which show the summary of the 2010 version regulation on their websites and asked which regulation the city adopted. One of them answered so far. Even though they say a sprinkler system is required to use a propane BBQ grill on their website, they sent me the 2008 regulation which doesn't require a sprinkler system.

I also found the county regulation which says the change was made in 2014 on a website which shows the California laws. However, the regulation on the website is not the official one with the county letterhead.

It is really confusing for us to know how the state, the county and the city regulations work.

I'm very sorry for my lengthy explanation.

Last edited:

PAPP

I finally received a clear answer from my city and it turned out the city has adopted the 2014 version county regulation. Now my apartment manager can send a notice to the residents about BBQ grills use on the balcony.

I appreciate your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">