• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired after 11 yrs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Medic in Mi

Please let me know if I have a case.after 11 yrs I got fired. I was given no reason.. In Mi I know they have at-will policy...But I know Why in my heart the reason , I had a break down in 6-17-98. I was diagnosed severe depression. I have had a remarkable recovery. I feel better than I ever have in my life.My job is one of the most important thing that kelp me going. I know that I have been under miroscope ever since..Always being taken in the office as little as your spelling is off or your documentation is not as good as it was ..its all little nothing complaints. I just always made all the effert to do better in what ever they said. My pt care is great never got taken to med control. I could write all day but ..I just need a answer if they can fire you because of depression when that is only thing it could be.My peers would work me harder and sit around while I did the work.. Its not fair .Its taking a real toll on me.

A

Attorney_Replogle

An at-will policy, as you may know, means that the employer can terminate you at any time, with or without a reason. Likewise the employee can quit at any time, with or without a reason. If they did terminate you due to your depression, then they obviously would not provide you a reason why you were terminated. So unless you can prove the termination was based on your past depression episode, then you were legally terminated. You may want to contact a labor law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

M

medic in Mi

Thank you so much for your advise..I'm positive what happen..and I will contact a lawyer and I feel I can prove it ..Thanks again. medic in Mi. :}

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">