• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired after 3yrs because of age

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ammccoy

My name is Angela. I am a nineteen year old from Henderson, NV. I was fired this Monday from my waitressing job of nearly three years by the new management. This woman has been my manager for about two months now, and although I had been doing an exemplary job, she chose to fire me because at nineteen, I am too young to serve alcohol. When asked she told me that I was being "let go" solely because of my age. She claimed that she had had no knowledge of the Nevada liquor laws previously, which I believe to be false. The old boss still runs the bar portion of the restaurant, and apparently he agreed with her on her decision to fire me. These people claim to have been in the restaurant business for 20+ years (which I know to be trtue in the case of the former manager) and I am baffled as to why they chose NOW to fire me. Can you help me decide what to do?
-Oh, and when the employees met with the new manager at a mandatory meeting before she took over, I specifically asked her if my age would be a problem. She told me with no hesitation that my age was no a problem in the slightest.
Thanks.
Angela

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">