• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired Before Start Date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wishful_thinking

My son age 23 in the State Of Illinios submitted an application to work for the major airline in Chicago in Dec of 1999.
Recently in May of 2000 he was called in for an interview. He was selected and given a start date. About 4 work days before his start date he was denied employment because he had some court action pending as of Feb 2000. The airline has a specific box to check on the application if you have court action pending. The Airline said he lied on his application. My son contends that at the time he filed the application his record was clear. During the interview process they never asked if any there was any status change in his application. The case is still pending & he hasn't been convicted of anything. He told them that he did not lie and in Dec when he sent the application in, all questions were answered honestly. They
were not interested in his answer or their lack to review his status before they gave him a start date. Is this legal? I would appreciate a referral to a strong lawyer in the Chicago Illinois area.

A

Attorney_Replogle

From what you have written, I do not find any unlawful employment actions by the employer. They don't have a duty to re-investigate. However, you are more than welcome to get a second opinion from an employment law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages.com

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">