• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired but hardly the first

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zulu1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I worked at a start up company that makes electronic devices and over the course of a year 10 people left the company including myself. The total number of people at the company is perhaps 20. Nine of the 10 people were Caucasian. Most of the people remaining at the company are non-Caucasian. The founders are all non-Caucasian. New hires who replaced the outgoing people were almost always non-Caucasian. Does this pattern provide a reason for a discrimination investigation?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I worked at a start up company that makes electronic devices and over the course of a year 10 people left the company including myself. The total number of people at the company is perhaps 20. Nine of the 10 people were Caucasian. Most of the people remaining at the company are non-Caucasian. The founders are all non-Caucasian. New hires who replaced the outgoing people were almost always non-Caucasian. Does this pattern provide a reason for a discrimination investigation?
No, in and of itself, it does not.

What exactly do you mean by "discrimination investigation?"

Zulu1

No, in and of itself, it does not.

What exactly do you mean by "discrimination investigation?"
Such as what just happened that Tata in Calif., where there was an explicit policy to hire Indians and to not hire the Americans.
Google computerworld tata.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Such as what just happened that Tata in Calif., where there was an explicit policy to hire Indians and to not hire the Americans.
Google computerworld tata.
You've mentioned nothing of an explicit policy being in place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">