• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbvol

What is the name of your state?Tennessee
I was fired while I was on vacation..I was the top salesman of the company and I was owed $25,000.00 in comission plus $2500.00 for expenses and a $1000.00 bonus for being salesman of the year. Company will not pay up. I was made to sign a non compete after I had been there 2 years (was not givin anything in return). Now my old boss is saying he is going to sue me because some of my old customers still talk to me...Can he do this if I have not stole their business? Does a non compete mean you can not talk to anyone anymore. I feel like Im the one screwed now he wants to sue me..What should I do?

sbvol

Plus

Plus they keep on trying to screw me over...They still have not sent my W2 plus they will not send me my paper work to move my 401K (I was let go in September 2004)

Beth3

You need to consult with an attorney. You have multiple civil and contractual issues to review. If you have a copy of the non-compete you signed, be sure to take that with you.

pattytx

Re: not getting your W-2, have you contacted the payroll person? What do they say? In any case, you can contact the IRS and report nonreceipt; they will follow up for you with the employer. However, at this late date, you may just have to file with your best estimates, based on paystubs, etc. and then, perhaps, file an amended return when you get the actual W-2.

Re: your 401(k), such paperwork needed to withdraw from the plan is often only sent upon request. Have you requested it? Why does the employer say it hasn't been sent? Can you contact the TPA (Third-Party Administrator) directly to inquire?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">