• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firestone recall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zitro

My wife had gone to Tire Kingdom on 3753 Bird Rd. in Miami, Florida to get our firestone tires changed on our 97 Mercury Mountaineer. She had spoken to Carlos, who said he was a supervisor. He had the tires inspected and told my wife that the tires were not under the recall.

We had taken his word on this and we left the supposed good tires on the vehicle. About a month after, I had inspected the tires and found out that the front tires were fine, but the tires on the back were indeed the recalled tires (Firestone Wilderness AT, VDHL , manufactured in Decatur, Illinois).

We would like to know if we can sue, because they put my wife, child, and me in danger. If they failed to overlook this on our vehicle, there could be hundreds more on the streets thinking that they are fine just like us, and end up in an accident or worse dead, due to their negligence.

Your help is greatly appreciated. I feel that everybody should check to see for themselves if they have the right tires on their cars. The risk is just to great to be looked over, and I believe that everyone will appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by zitro (edited August 30, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zitro:
My wife had gone to Tire Kingdom on 3753 Bird Rd. in Miami, Florida to get our firestone tires changed on our 97 Mercury Mountaineer. She had spoken to Carlos, who said he was a supervisor. He had the tires inspected and told my wife that the tires were not under the recall.

We had taken his word on this and we left the supposed good tires on the vehicle. About a month after, I had inspected the tires and found out that the front tires were fine, but the tires on the back were indeed the recalled tires (Firestone Wilderness AT, VDHL , manufactured in Decatur, Illinois).

We would like to know if we can sue, because they put my wife, child, and me in danger. If they failed to overlook this on our vehicle, there could be hundreds more on the streets thinking that they are fine just like us, and end up in an accident or worse dead, due to their negligence.

Your help is greatly appreciated. I feel that everybody should check to see for themselves if they have the right tires on their cars. The risk is just to great to be looked over, and I believe that everyone will appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by zitro (edited August 30, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info. You can not sue because you have suffered no damages. Stay tuned for recalls on additional Firestone tires.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited September 01, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">