• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blirna

What is the your state? Alabama

I was told during my interview after I got my acceptance letter that I would receive my first check in 7-10 days. Then she said the awards letter would be here in 2 weeks. Now, I'm seeing everywhere that the first check can take months. Who should I believe? It's the 9th day now.

Blirna

Nevermind, I just called them and they said it wasn't even processed yet, so I have to wait on them to do that then send it out. It's so ridiculous. They were supposed to have done it a week ago..

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Nevermind, I just called them and they said it wasn't even processed yet, so I have to wait on them to do that then send it out. It's so ridiculous. They were supposed to have done it a week ago..
Why do you think it was "supposed to have been done a week ago"?

In any case, don't worry, your money will be calculated as of the day you were approved.

Blirna

I just assumed because thats when I went to the interview and they told me it would be 7-10 days and they haven't even sent the thing yet.

What do you mean by that? Could you explain a bit?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What I mean is that what you were told in the interview shouldn't be relied upon. I imagine that it will be 7-10 days from the date your claim is processed. Processing time may add time, possibly a considerable amount of time. The amount of money will be calculated based upon the date you qualified, not the date your claim is processed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">