• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First DUI with suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gutowscr

What is the name of your state?Illinois
I was on vacation in Florida when I recieved a DUI and found out my license was suspended at the time due to not renewing my vehicle inspection. This happened in April 2003. I hired a lawyer, but fell on financial hardship. The lawyer withdrew from the case. I have now restarted the case the the warrant for failure to appear has been lifted (8/22/05).
I haven't drove since April 2003, but now I have moved to North Carolina and I must drive. My license suspension in Illinois is over since the car has not been registered for two years. My laywer in FL says I can get a lisence in North Carolina until I am convicted (which will be November 2005) sometime. Is this a true statement? Also, is there a way I can verify my bench warrant has been removed from CJIS? I know it's removed from the county it happened in, I just want to make sure it's not on any other computer system.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">