• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First National Collection Bureau, Inc Palisades Collection and AT&T Wireless

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starseed17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
New York:

I received a letter from First National Collection Bureau, stating I owe them money from what was a previous AT&T wireless account. When I called the phone number on the letter a women answered and simply said "This is Debbie." I Asked, "I'm sorry which number did I call?" She answered, "Did you receieve a phone call or a letter?" This woman did not once say she who she was representing or what company she worked for. I gave her a number on the letter and she pulled up the last for of my social and mulitple addresses I've lived and have not lived at over the years. THIS IS WEIRD!!!!

As the conversation continues, she is able to give me the phone number of the supposed delinquent AT&T account and the dates at which the account was opened 8/8/01 - 6/10/02. I decided to call AT&T. They had no records of that number. The funny part is that I have AT&T now as a provider. How would I be able to open a new account with them if i had an outstanding account.

Next I check my credit reports and sure enough there is a Palisades Collection LLC account stating the collection account of $260. is passed due as of Oct 2008, but the date opened was 02/2005.

None of these dates are adding up to me. Passed due as of 10/08 but was put on my credit report 02/05, and the actual AT&T account from 8/01 - 6/02??!!!!!

I'm wondering if any one can help me move forward with this. Do I need a lawyer? Do I write a letter and to whom?

I'm positive that they can't sue me due to being over the 6 years of SOL in New York so where does this fit in?

Am I going have to pay this?

seniorjudge

Double post warning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
New York:

I received a letter from First National Collection Bureau, stating I owe them money from what was a previous AT&T wireless account. When I called the phone number on the letter a women answered and simply said "This is Debbie." I Asked, "I'm sorry which number did I call?" She answered, "Did you receieve a phone call or a letter?" This woman did not once say she who she was representing or what company she worked for. I gave her a number on the letter and she pulled up the last for of my social and mulitple addresses I've lived and have not lived at over the years. THIS IS WEIRD!!!!

As the conversation continues, she is able to give me the phone number of the supposed delinquent AT&T account and the dates at which the account was opened 8/8/01 - 6/10/02. I decided to call AT&T. They had no records of that number. The funny part is that I have AT&T now as a provider. How would I be able to open a new account with them if i had an outstanding account.

Next I check my credit reports and sure enough there is a Palisades Collection LLC account stating the collection account of $260. is passed due as of Oct 2008, but the date opened was 02/2005.

None of these dates are adding up to me. Passed due as of 10/08 but was put on my credit report 02/05, and the actual AT&T account from 8/01 - 6/02??!!!!!

I'm wondering if any one can help me move forward with this. Do I need a lawyer? Do I write a letter and to whom?

I'm positive that they can't sue me due to being over the 6 years of SOL in New York so where does this fit in?

Am I going have to pay this?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/debt-collections-84/first-national-collection-bureau-inc-palisades-collection-t-wireless-435941.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">