• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Speeding Ticket 57/35

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

novastorm

What is the name of your state? VA

Alright the summary 22 over, not reckless. 2 lane highway, traffic two directions. Different speed limit in each direction. Speed limit sign slightly covered by vegitation(and I mean slightly.) With that said the officer was nice didnt say much, I think I actually knew him or have met him, which was odd. Honestly I cant afford a 22 over because I dont want to imagine what that's going to do to my insurance, im 20 years old btw. I have an absolutely clean driving record. Now to the oddity, I just considerd paying this or trying to plea with the ADA, but its been 10 days and I'm not even in the court system. I tried to file a continuance but the Clerk wanted me to FAX him a copy of my ticket. The question is if the officer never submits the ticket, or if he submits it late, am I still entiltled to a continuance even if its within 2 weeks?

kerrasmom

If the ticket wasn't submitted it doesn't exist is what I would say. However maybe he submitted it, but the processing of it isn't done and this is why it may not be showing up. I would wait until you get your court date in the mail and then file for a continuance. I am shocked that they didn't cite you for reckless, the cop must have known you and you might want to think more that he never submitted the ticket, because in VA 10 over is considered reckless driving. Good luck with this.

-Sherry

kerrasmom said:
I am shocked that they didn't cite you for reckless, the cop must have known you and you might want to think more that he never submitted the ticket, because in VA 10 over is considered reckless driving. Good luck with this. -Sherry
Greater than 80 or +20 is reckless in VA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">