• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Time Mom: Custody & Visitation Threats! Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notaped

You are not entirely wrong, but it would be nearly impossible for you to be objective, considering your circumstances. Dad did make an extremely serious threat against mom. Your case also involves very serious issues. You have a tendency to be in denial about serious issues.
OP SAYS he is controlling and abusive, but there is no actual proof of that. People can say and think a lot of things but that doesn't make them criminals. It's their ACTIONS that will actually get them into trouble. Unless I am remembering incorrectly, people in this country are innocent until PROVEN guilty.

A bad husband/bf/so does not equate a bad father.

Proserpina

OP SAYS he is controlling and abusive, but there is no actual proof of that. People can say and think a lot of things but that doesn't make them criminals. It's their ACTIONS that will actually get them into trouble. Unless I am remembering incorrectly, people in this country are innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty is not the standard in family law.

LdiJ

A bad husband/bf does equate a mother (or vice versa) being required to be careful and cautious lest she/he be tarred with the same legal brush as the bad one...for the sake of the child.

Do you have any grasp of how many mothers/fathers lose their children because they insist upon standing by their man/woman?

I personally know of a woman, in the real world not the internet world, who lost all of her children because she refused to accept that her ex significant other should not be alone with the one child that they shared.

You should not be expressing opinions on other people's threads because you are dealing with a situation that is extremely serious and you are in complete denial. You still think that your wife should take you back and be a happy family with you in a situation where if she did, both of your parental rights could end up being terminated.

Please do not drag other parents into your denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">