• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First time with Estimated Taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

David086

Hi, my wife recently got a job a few months ago where she is receiving a 1099, we are married filing jointly live in Florida and have 2 kids. When she started the job we started a separate checking account where we have been holding 30% from each check for the estimated taxes to send to the IRS. We will be getting a refund this year, so do I have to send a payment in for the estimated tax? Sorry if this is a dumb question but it’s the first time ever working where taxes were not withheld.
Thanks

LdiJ

Hi, my wife recently got a job a few months ago where she is receiving a 1099, we are married filing jointly live in Florida and have 2 kids. When she started the job we started a separate checking account where we have been holding 30% from each check for the estimated taxes to send to the IRS. We will be getting a refund this year, so do I have to send a payment in for the estimated tax? Sorry if this is a dumb question but it’s the first time ever working where taxes were not withheld.
Thanks
If you are certain that you will get a refund despite your wife being treated as self employed, then no, you don't have to make any estimated payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">