• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fix it ticket ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pay2play

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I received a ticket for the following out of LA County by CHP:

Correctable (NO) 26101(b)vc - Tinited tail lights
Correctable (NO) 26708 (a) (1)vc – Tinted windows
Correctable (YES) 5200(a)vc – No front plate

I got the ticket in the mail and it’s about $390. My recollection of fix it tickets were, have the violations fixed and signed off and you pay a small court fee and the larger fine is waived. From my reading, it looks like I have to pay the fine and have the violations fixed.

Can anyone elaborate on this? I’ve had everything fixed and signed off, but curious as to the fine. Thanks

CdwJava

Even if the officer does not indicate the offenses to be correctable, the court can allow these violations - if corrected - to be correctable. If corrected and accepted byt he court, you will be subject only to the $25 admin. fee. If you do not correct them, then you will have to pay quite a bit.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Even if the officer does not indicate the offenses to be correctable, the court can allow these violations - if corrected - to be correctable. If corrected and accepted byt he court, you will be subject only to the $25 admin. fee. If you do not correct them, then you will have to pay quite a bit.
Just out of curiosity - is that $25 per violation? (Total of $75 for this OP)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">