• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL Debtor's Haven-Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I now live in OH. My ex beat & injured me 13 years ago & I won a judgement in CA. He fled to FL, immediately remarried & put everything in wife's name. Attorneys are telling me I cannot touch anything of his in FL since he is head of household & the wife's name is on everything. I desparately need money to pay lifelong medical bills due to the injury. I had the judgement domesticated in FL but he still doesn't have to pay anything. Is there any way to garnish or freeze accounts or try to get him arrested for not paying on a torte judgement?

I would be most grateful for any kind of help!
Sincerely, Battered & Penniless

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential