• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fleeing, 110 in a 50, and wreckless driving tickets when I wasn't even there.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aequitas

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was out with a friend riding bikes. We split up as I was going to meet some other friends. A guy passed him in a turn just a few minutes later, he thought it was me and tried to catch up. A cop tried to pull the other guy over and he fled. My friend stopped. At first he said he didn't know the guy and then when the officer told him he was going to arrest him he said it was me and even took the cop to my house. I was not there and didn't learn of the incident until I arrived downtown to meet up with my friends. I then rushed back to my supposed friends house where he called the cop back and said it wasn't me. I also spoke with him and said I was on my way downtown at the time of the incident. He didn't believe me. So now I'm stuck with three tickets for something I didn't do. All I know to do now is fight it in court. I have selected an attorney but I don't meet with him until Monday. How likely do you think this will be dismissed and is there anything else I should do? Thanks in advance for any and all help / advice.

HomeGuru

Aequitas said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I was out with a friend riding bikes. We split up as I was going to meet some other friends. A guy passed him in a turn just a few minutes later, he thought it was me and tried to catch up. A cop tried to pull the other guy over and he fled. My friend stopped. At first he said he didn't know the guy and then when the officer told him he was going to arrest him he said it was me and even took the cop to my house. I was not there and didn't learn of the incident until I arrived downtown to meet up with my friends. I then rushed back to my supposed friends house where he called the cop back and said it wasn't me. I also spoke with him and said I was on my way downtown at the time of the incident. He didn't believe me. So now I'm stuck with three tickets for something I didn't do. All I know to do now is fight it in court. I have selected an attorney but I don't meet with him until Monday. How likely do you think this will be dismissed and is there anything else I should do? Thanks in advance for any and all help / advice.
**A: a good attorney should be able to get all 3 tickets dismissed. Find a good attorney and find better friends.

racer72

My only question is, what made your buddy think it was you he was chasing? Do others dress the same and ride the same type of bike as you do? 1 and 1 is not adding up to 2.

A

Aequitas

It was night time and he said the guy passed him in a turn deep into the tripple digits. My bike is black and my gear is black with yellow highlights, so it's easy to mistake I'd think because it's so generic. There is a guy that lives less than a mile from me that has a black bike identical to mine with very similar gear and on bike nights I see 20-30 other people who all look pretty similar in their gear. Not to mention the fact that bikes are so difficult to identify once you change the paint from a factory scheme. Anyways, thanks for the advice, I am speaking with one attorney tomorrow and will take a second opinion depending on how it goes. Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">