• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flex Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

took a job that advertised flex time as part of the package to work there. this was going to be great. i have the paperwork that was given to me on the interview as well as the first day of employment. now it is 2 yrs later and nothing has changed as far as policy for the company. i asked my immediate supervisor if i can have flex time and she went crazy, stating that when i was hired i was hired as an 8:30 to 5 person. now she never interviewed me the manager did (which is unusual) the manager never does any of the interviewing, but I was told because of my connections, the owner of the company wanted her to interview me. That is a compliment! well back to the supervisor......she wont let me have it. all other 150 employees who have different supervisors are permitted to flex time. we have some employees that come in at 6am and leave at 3pm. what should i do? esp with the gas crunch on now, i would love to come in earlier and work since it would only take me 15 mins instead of an hour to get there. imagine all the money i would be saving on gas...lol

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What should you do?

You should find employment that will allow you to work the hours you want to work.

momm2500

but they never changed their policies. they still offer it but immediate supervisor doesnt want to let anyone have it

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, one more time.

They are not required to allow you to work flex time, EVEN IF there are other employees working it.

They are not required to allow you to work flex time EVEN IF the policy has not changed.

Unless you have a valid and supportable reason to believe that you are not being granted flex time BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin etc., or you have a bona fide and enforceable CONTRACT that SPECIFICALLY says otherwise, your choices are to work the hours they want you to work or to find employment that will allow you to work the hours you want to work.

That answer is not going to change no matter how many Buts you but me.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">