• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flexible Spending Account Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crosby1

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was just laid off from work. I had elected to have $2100.00 put into my FSA for this year. My "remaining balance" (my money) is $90.46 and my "remaining claim balance" (money I haven't contributed yet) is $1752.96.

Can I use the remaining claim balance even though I'm no longer contributing, or just the $90.46?

I thought I had read somewhere that the flip-side to the "use-it-or-lose-it" rule was that you could use the entire remaining claim balance even if you lost your job. True or not?

Thanks very much.What is the name of your state?

ecmst12

If you had already used more then you had contributed, you may not have had to re-pay that money; but I don't believe you would be able to use more then the amount you have contributed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">