• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

subie

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania My problem is I have to have surgery in one day, the 28th of August. My husband and I have 2 small children, one 5 and one 3 1/2 yrs.old. I will be hospitalized for 2 nights. He works 12 hour nightshift. My daughter starts Kindergarten the day after surgery. He needs to be off for 3 days to take care of our children and take our daughter to school. We have no one to watch the children all night and all day while he sleeps (if he worked) , and no one to take her to school. His employer (a manufacturing plant) is giving him a hard time because he will not be taking care of an ill family member.He is taking care of the kids while I am ill. Is there any part of the FMLA regarding this? He has to be off work for at least 2 nights. Is there any law regarding this? Thank you.

A

annefan1000

It would be wise to notify the employer in written form of the intention to exercise the Family & Medical Leave Act. You will want to use the FMLA Provision Letter, which can be found and downloaded in Word97/2000 format from:

http://www.hr.upenn.edu/benefits/forms.asp

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">