• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flood damage insurance claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deutschlander13

My father and I own a Home Remodeling company. We referred a plumber to replace a hot water tank and filtration system on a job where we installed new laminate flooring. While he was doing the work the valve on the new tank broke and flooded the basement. It ruined all of the flooring. The plumbers insurance company is saying they won't cover the costs and that we need to go after the manufacturer for a faulty valve. How can this get resolved? Why should my company have tone be involved at all? The plumber signed the job under his own contract. All we will do is repair the damages. But we can't do anything until we know an insurance company will pay us to do the work. We live in Maryland.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">