• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flood Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

draftpro

I live in a town home community in Miami Florida. On Oct 3rd we had a big storm and the area iI live in was flodded. FEMA told me that the reason for the flood was an oversite on the part of the City of North Miami. The Flood pumps were not put into action until the area was already under water.
Our Condo associasion provide flood damage insurance Through our associasion fees so some of the resulting damage was covered. But, personal property was not included in the insurance coverage. I was granted a loan from the Small Business Assoc. for the extra funds required to make purchases of items that were damaged by the flood.
My home and all of the units in our assoc. was under 12 to 18 inches of watwe for several days.
My Question is can we sue or do we have any recourse for future flood protection from either the City of North Miami or The County of Miami Dade?
Our Assoc. is thinking of a class action suit.

HomeGuru

You can sue for both damages and future flood protection. The attorney will know what parties to sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">