• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Floral ontract obligation post Katrina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shell007

Moops said:
I did choose to go with my original designer. That is correct. It seems to me that since a refund check was issued, they were agreeing to return it when told that the date had passed and we would not be needing their services. They only cancelled it when they found out we were still having a wedding. I contracted with my original designer after the check was returned to me and vefore payment was stopped. My caterer had their name as our original florist and called to order extra flowers. That's why they knew we had a wedding.
Look...
YOU chose to go with the "original designer"
YOU chose not to use the "florist" which you were contracted with.
YOU chose to sign the contract that said "non-refundable deposit" in order to "book" the wedding.
YOU chose to not drive yourself to the florist and write up a new contract.
YOU chose to try and pull one over on the "florist". THEY CHOSE to "call you on it"!

THEY CHOSE TO STOP PAYMENT for REFUND, probably for breach on contract on YOUR part.

Arguing with me IS NOT going to get you the answer you want.

Call JUDGE JUDY and see if she will hash this out for you!!

Moops

We basically told them we would not be needing them and they agreed to return the deposit. We did not tell them she was already married, just that we were "all set." I don't see where feeling like you were lied to, which is what they said, is reason to stop payment on the refund check. They are not revealing that their popular designer is gone, especially when they continue to use his name.

S

shell007

We did not tell them she was already married, just that we were "all set."
SO...YOU DID try to pull the wool over their eyes! Luckly...they saw right through it!

Nice try though! YOU get an "A" for effort!

Moops

All that being true, that we of course wanted the person that had designed our wedding, the question that remains is "What is my legal obligation to a florist which was to provide flowers on that date?"

S

shell007

Moops said:
All that being true, that we of course wanted the person that had designed our wedding, the question that remains is "What is my legal obligation to a florist which was to provide flowers on that date?"

YOU signed a "non-refundable DEPOSIT contract" for a certain date.
YOU chose to change the date.
The "florist" would have been STILL willing to accomodate you regardless of the date.
YOU chose to breach the contract due to wanting the "other designer".
YOU are clearly looking for a "loophole"!

HOW IS ANY OF THIS THE "FLORIST'S" FAULT?

Moops

I did not choose to change the date. The Hurricane made the wedding on that date impossible. The venues were closed. I was in NYC for my daughter's bachelorette party the weekend of Katrina. Her wedding was postponed for over 4 months and most of it had to be replanned.

Moops

Thank you. I am closing this thread now to avoid duplications and confusion. Please continue input on other posting.

S

shell007

Moops said:
Thank you. I am closing this thread now to avoid duplications and confusion. Please continue input on other posting.
Best wishes. No harm meant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">