• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Child Support Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cahcsh

My fiance and I both live in Arkansas, however, his ex-wife lives in Florida. They have 3 minor children and she is going to get their jurisdiction changed to Florida (from Texas). She told my fiance that if he marries me, she will be able to use my income to increase her child support. My attorney told me that they do not use the spouse's income in Arkansas but does not know about Florida. Does anyone know if Florida will base the child support on my fiance's income alone or our combined income. Our incomes are similar.

L

LadyBlu

cahcsh said:
My fiance and I both live in Arkansas, however, his ex-wife lives in Florida. They have 3 minor children and she is going to get their jurisdiction changed to Florida (from Texas). She told my fiance that if he marries me, she will be able to use my income to increase her child support. My attorney told me that they do not use the spouse's income in Arkansas but does not know about Florida. Does anyone know if Florida will base the child support on my fiance's income alone or our combined income. Our incomes are similar.
No, You can go to this site for more info on what is considered in factoring child support.
http://www.divorcesource.com/FL/info/csfaq.shtml

LegalBeagle

cahcsh said:
Only in rare cases.. or if he is silly enough to try and get a reduction in CS by claiming any new children in the CS calculations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">