• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Child Support Modify, request testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

I definitely appreciate everyone thats taking the time to reply to my post.

My son (I HOPE) was born in the state of Florida and thats where I signed the AOP.

I did not have any doubts that he was mine until his mother started throwing it in the air that he was not.

At the time when the original child support order was started I was employed. That was back in July of this year 2018. Currently my CDL is temporarily suspended do to something other than child support. Right now I have a promising dock position to look forward too and once I get the confirmation and a week or two in with proof of pay stubs. Its 25hours a week part time until my license is unsuspended. Which half of what I was making before per an hour.

I have no problem taking care of my child - right now I guess my best bet would be to request that the child support amount be recalculated with what my soon to be income ( once I have paystubs )? And just request for a parenting/visitation plan be established? Is there a step up form of some type that should be filed?

Sorry if I missed any questions
Why was your license suspended?

Jeffrey_L

Uff da! Yeah, that's not a reason that will garner much sympathy.

Is there a reason you live so far away from your son and never petitioned the court for parenting time?
Ah yeah :/ I know. Big mistake.

I'm originally from New york. His mother and I met in New york but she lived in Florida and then I moved out there once we found out she was pregnant.

After everything turned upside down - I moved back here closer to my family.

There was allot of going back and fourth. I tried to work things out for the best interest of the child . It worked for a little while .

I just find it very hard to understand exactly what I should do. My first steps to approaching this situation. Living in NY makes it even more complicated to me because I cant just walk into my local family court and file/ask for advice. I honestly can't afford a attorney at this time. That's why I'm here doing my homework... ;/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">