• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida - Name conflict. Who wins?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FL819

It's an interesting scenario in my opinion. The first company has a state issued license and actual llc registration in the conflicting name. The second company is inactive with an active d/b/a for the conflicting name. The third company registered the d/b/a much later in the game. No registered trademark exists but that might be something to consider executing soon. Anyway I can tell you are done with this topic. Thanks for the input. Anyone else with feedback is welcome to comment.

quincy

It's an interesting scenario in my opinion. The first company has a state issued license and actual llc registration in the conflicting name. The second company is inactive with an active d/b/a for the conflicting name. The third company registered the d/b/a much later in the game. No registered trademark exists but that might be something to consider executing soon. Anyway I can tell you are done with this topic. Thanks for the input. Anyone else with feedback is welcome to comment.
I don't see that there is anything more to say. The information you have provided is incomplete.

If you are interested in using a name that is already in use by another, review your proposed use with a trademark attorney in your area.

If you are looking simply for a discussion that does not involve any personal legal issue for you, you are looking for it in the wrong place. This is not a discussion forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">