• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida - non-judicial foreclosure state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LindaP777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My nephew rents a house in Orlando (Polk County) Florida. He just recieved paperwork saying the house he is renting is being foreclosed on, but it looks like the house is not going to sheriff's sale.
Questions;
Is Florida a non-judicial foreclosure state?
How much time does he have to move out?
Is cash for keys common in Florida? He is willing to move out peaceably, but needs time and money to move.
The property is managed by a property management company, but they can not tell him when he's expected to be out, but they do want him to pay March's rent. I believe they are the ones holding the security deposit (not the owner). Is there hope he will get that back if he moves out?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My nephew rents a house in Orlando (Polk County) Florida. He just recieved paperwork saying the house is renting is being foreclosed on, but it looks like the house is not going to sheriff's sale.
Questions;
Is Florida a non-judicial foreclosure state?
How much time does he have to move out?
Is cash for keys common in Florida? He is willing to move out peaceably, but needs time and money to move.
The property is managed by a property management company, but they can not tell him when he's expected to be out, but they do want him to pay March's rent. I believe they are holding the security deposit (not the owner). Is there hope he will get that back if he moves out?
**A: tell nephew to call the name and number on the paperwork and ask th e same questions.

LindaP777

**A: tell nephew to call the name and number on the paperwork and ask th e same questions.
Hi HG!

Yeah, he did that all ready. The only contact number is the law firm in Tampa handling the case. When he called, all they would say is "we can't give you any legal advice". Not very helpful, considering he wants to cooperate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">