• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida sexual harassment and Religious discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ddt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Background: I am currently working at a job that is is very leniant when it comes to joking around. Everyone in our store makes fun of each other but sometimes i think they take it too far. Our regional manager comes in and starts talking about pills that will make it so she can have sex 365 days a year and then makes movements to illustrate it. I just dont think this is professional coming from the boss.
Also when asking about a letter of recomendation one of the employees was told by her that she would write it but she was going to right that because of his religion didnt celebrate christmas and just continued to degrade his religion infront of a few employees including myself.
Sidenote our HR person was recently let go a week after bringing other concerns to her attention.
Question: Is there anything that can be done to make it so the manager stops doing these things without being met with the response- "You say similar things so i should fire you"?

ecmst12

Unprofessional behavior is not illegal. If you feel honestly offended/uncomfortable because of a sexually charged atmosphere, you should report that to HR so they are given an opportunity to correct the problem. And if you've contributed to the environment, then you'd better knock that off yourself.

Same goes for the religion discussion.

ddt

What if they make fun of my lack of sexual experience. If i ask them to stop and at the same time stop altogether myself if it continues can I persue it.

PS-HR department got canned.

ecmst12

You can talk to your boss or his boss about the problem. The exact nature of the comments is not important. You can go to the EEOC if you want, but you certainly don't have any type of case to sue at this point considering you have contributed to the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">