• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA and 30day notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CyndiB105

What is the name of your state? SC

I am currently on FMLA as requested by physician for a detatched retina caused by a TIA and extreme HBP due to job, which has resulted in "legal Blindness". My question, I just want to find a job and move on....my dr states it will be "detremental to my health", if I return to current employer. My position in mgmt requires a 30 day notice in order to get accrued time. Can I give my 30 days notice in writing while on FMLA? I am not a stay at home person and want to move on and find something I am able to do, but would like my 160 hours of PTO time I have worked so hard for. Friends say I am crazy not to take advantage of staying on FMLA, but I am not a stay at home person and want to forget about the last couple of months and move on. Thank you all for your help.

enjay

If you have 160 hours won't that be sucked up by the month you are taking off? FMLA guarantees unpaid leave; it's not a freebie.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Certainly you can give your 30 days notice while on FMLA. No law limits when you can give your notice.

But whether or not your employer will then provide you with your 160 hours of PTO time is entirely up to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">