• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA for companies with less than 50 employees?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nacktschnecke

I am working for a small business in NYC (9 employees). I am aware that FMLA only applies to companies with more than 50 employees. Is there no protection for employees working for companies with less than 50 people? What are the laws, rights? Is there a website I could look at?

Any help would be appreciated!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no protected medical leave for employees of companies with less than 50 employees. There is no website for you to look at because there isn't any law. If you are not subject to FMLA, then you are entitled to exactly as much leave as your employer chooses to provide.

Axed

Those with less than 50 employees are not covered by FMLA; however, if your employer employees more than 50 within a 75 miles radius than they are bound by FMLA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">