• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA Harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gnrsimms

What is the name of your state? TN work in GA

I have a disability that keeps me from work from time to time. My company has threatened to send security to my house to check if I am really sick. Can they do that?

Beth3

No. If you have filed the necessary FMLA certification and your request for intermittent FMLA has been approved, your employer cannot check up on you in this manner. If they reasonably suspect that you are abusing FMLA leave, they can ask you for recertification sooner than the Act allows (every 30 days) and even send you to a doctor of their choosing for a second medical opinion but the Act does not allow the employer to send security guards to your house to check up on you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">