• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fmla in ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ShawnW

What is the name of your state?ohio
My wife has been working for a company for 7months now as a full time employee shortly after she started their she found out that she was pregnant. At her last doctors visit the doctor told her she needs to drop back her hours to 30 or 32. My wife's employer is willing to drop her back hours! But they can not guarantee her any hours they will put her on call! Also her boss and her were talking about her 6 week leave when she has the baby. Her employer said that when she comes off of leave she will have to go through a rehire process and they can not guarantee her position or pay or even that she will be rehired. Is this legal? Is their anything we can do? Help!!! Thanks for any advice or information!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since she has been working for them for less than 12 months she is not entitled to FMLA. That being the case, as long as she is not being treated differently than a similarly situated employee who has a non-maternity medical condition, her employers are acting legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">