• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA - was I entitled and did company......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LeeLee

I was injured on my job - CT & herniated disks. WC case - before I found out that I had CT only was aware of the herniated disks on 10/14/99 was receiving STD benefits. I started my job 6/28/99 and on 9/29/99 ended up in ER with burning pain in middle of back.
MRI taken 2 hernaited disks in cervical.

On 12/14/99 neurologist diagnosed CT and muscle spasms work related. All along I was receiving STD benefits and then on 1/18/00 I received a letter from my employer stating that my FMLA leave had expired and due to business conditions my position would be replaced - as I feel once this became a WC issue I was let go. On 1/28/00 I received "forms" in the mail and a letter from my supervisor stating "although you had not requested a FMLA". After checking on the laws of FMLA unless I'm reading wrong I did not qualify for a FMLA? Does anyone see where my rights were violated? My WC attorney knows all this but said she knows nothing about FMLA laws. This large insurance company that I worked for is now trying to tell me that my STD benefits were denied as of 12/10/99 - it was my understanding that I was entitled to STD benefits until 1/15/00 and then would receive no money bec. of only being employed there a short time. I started at this job working as a temp on 4/28/99 and on 6/28/99 the company hired me full time. I am still fighting with them about the disks in my neck they have accepted responsibility for my bilateral CT - first injury was rt. hand but now has gone bilateral. sorry, this is so long - but I would like to know and this seems to coincidental that they were willing to work with me with STD benefits and the minute this became a WC case I lost my job! Any input would be appreciated - thanks, LeeLee

L

LeeLee

I live in Florida - which is an at will state that they can leave you go for whatever reason they feel.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">