• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fmla

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tar81

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? DELAWARE
My company had me get my Doctor to fill out MLA paperwork for intermitted leave my company refuses to let me make up my time (when possible), when I take my Father to Doctor appointments. Aetna approved the leave however for only 3 months then I have to have my Doctor fill the paperwork out again and I have to call Aetna every time I have to take my Father... I find that ridicules.... also I have 3 years at this company I was transferred from my original site to another site then I wormed my way back to where I started only to be given the 8:30 to 5 shift when the hired a guy and asked him what hours he preferred to work with less time then I. is any of this legal???? it's a non-union place..:(
thank you kindly

ecmst12

What does Aetna have to do with FMLA?

FMLA time can't be "made up". You get 12 weeks or the equivalent number of hours if intermittent, per rolling 12 month period. Once that time is gone, it's gone, you can't get it back by working extra hours later.

tar81

perhaps I should say 'FAIR' , a year ago my FMLA paperwork was set for 1 year not 3 months now I have to get my Doctor to fill out the paperwork again and again. my hours when I started there were 9 to 5:30, then I moved to 8 to 4:30 , got moved to another site hours 7:30 to 4, I feel since I have 3 years w/said company I should be given the early hours along w/having the most experience! the person that has the early hours was asked what hours he would like!! I was never asked!!!:(:(

mlane58

perhaps I should say 'FAIR' , a year ago my FMLA paperwork was set for 1 year not 3 months now I have to get my Doctor to fill out the paperwork again and again. my hours when I started there were 9 to 5:30, then I moved to 8 to 4:30 , got moved to another site hours 7:30 to 4, I feel since I have 3 years w/said company I should be given the early hours along w/having the most experience! the person that has the early hours was asked what hours he would like!! I was never asked!!!:(:(
Under FMLA, an employer can request new certification every 30 days at a minimum. As to your employer not giving you the shift you want, unless your employer didn't give you the shift due to your race, gender, age, religion, etc...., it might be unfair, but not illegal.

tar81

What does Aetna have to do with FMLA?

FMLA time can't be "made up". You get 12 weeks or the equivalent number of hours if intermittent, per rolling 12 month period. Once that time is gone, it's gone, you can't get it back by working extra hours later.
my company decided to out source this part of HR, so they gave it to aetna, I have tried to tell this company that every other place of employment let me make up my time since it would be an hour or 2 or 4, 8 hours is harder to make up in any given week. another thing our HR sides w/management 99.9% of the time mind you up until this moth of August, I could mae up my time. what changed, they put someone in a position that should not be there.! They don't help employees at all. as for shift time I have more seniority then the guy they hired in March!!

mlane58

my company decided to out source this part of HR, so they gave it to aetna, I have tried to tell this company that every other place of employment let me make up my time since it would be an hour or 2 or 4, 8 hours is harder to make up in any given week. another thing our HR sides w/management 99.9% of the time mind you up until this moth of August, I could mae up my time. what changed, they put someone in a position that should not be there.! They don't help employees at all. as for shift time I have more seniority then the guy they hired in March!!
Why should your employer care what your past employer did? Nothing in the law requires an employer to let employees make up time at work, period! As for your seniority, unless you are part of a collective bargaining agreement, your seniority doesn't mean anything.

tar81

Why should your employer care what your past employer did? Nothing in the law requires an employer to let employees make up time at work, period! As for your seniority, unless you are part of a collective bargaining agreement, your seniority doesn't mean anything.
that just it employers don't give a damm about employee's anymore.....too young to retire too old to get another job.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tar81

know any good companies that will work w/a person that is a caregiver that can work 40+ hrs, that may have to leave asap or take the love one to doctor appointment say 3 day in a row losing perhaps 11/2 or more hrs per day??? I see u live in Philly I am not far away from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">