• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fmla

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momm2500

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Is it madatory that an employer advise you in writing that you have been approved for FMLA? Is this required or is face to face discussions with HR good enough?

mlane58

If an FMLA-covered employer has any eligible employees and
has any written guidance to employees concerning employee benefits or
leave rights, such as in an employee handbook, information concerning
FMLA entitlements and employee obligations under the FMLA must be
included in the handbook or other document.

If such an employer does not have written policies, manuals, or
handbooks describing employee benefits and leave provisions, the
employer shall provide written guidance to an employee concerning all
the employee's rights and obligations under the FMLA.

The employer shall also provide the employee with written
notice detailing the specific expectations and obligations of the
employee and explaining any consequences of a failure to meet these
obligations. The written notice must be provided to the employee in a
language in which the employee is literate

momm2500

actually they have the guidelines listed in the employee handbook. my question is after I have been approved for FMLA, do they need to supply me with a letter stating that I have been approved? I went thru this 12 yrs ago with a different employer and they gave me a letter stating i was approved for 12 weeks off (intermitantly - that is what i chose) and when it started and when the 12 months ended......i was just curious since this is a different company now (and they have admitted that no one has taken intermitant leave before) and I do not know if the law has changed since then.

mlane58

Yes ---- The employer shall also provide the employee with written notice detailing the specific expectations and obligations of the employee and explaining any consequences of a failure to meet these obligations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">