• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Food regulations as they relate to cured meats for sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scostumato

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of the relevant laws governing the procedures/processes for curing meats in a manner that allows them to be sold legally. I'm kicking around the idea of taking one of my family recipes for curing pork and running with it--I've got a buyer on the retail side who's expressed some interest, but I'm trying to figure out whether it's really feasible, taking into account whatever regulatory hoops I'll need to jump through.

If anyone could point me in the direction of the laws dealing with this matter, that would be awesome. (I've tried scouring the FDA's Web site, but it's been hard to wade through all the information on there to find what I need.) Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">