• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For Ellencee and Vrzirn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pele

What is the name of your state? HI

I work for two doctors in the same office. They just share an office, they are not partners. A new patient saw Dr. "A", was treated and asked to return, was not given any narcotic meds. The patient then came back a few days later and saw Dr. "B", was treated and given Vicodin. The patient then cancelled f/u visit with Dr. "A". We were told by the patient that Dr. "A" referred the patient to Dr. "B", but he did not. This may or may not be drug-seeking behavior (since only one Rx for Vicodin has been issued), however, if it was drug seeking behavior, would the privacy laws prevent me from informing both doctors of what is going on? There is no system here in Hawaii to enable pharmacies to keep tract of the amount of controlled drugs dispensed to patients from different doctors. Thank you for your input.

ellencee

I have no knowledge of your responsibilities or your job duties; therefore, I can not answer your question. Please ask your immediate supervisor for guidance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">