• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For judge to allow eavesdroppping...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hans2234

What is the name of your state? Moab, Utah. O.K. I'll be straight up. I have done nothing wrong, but am under suspicion of having done something wrong. That's the context, to explain it all would take pages. So my question is (Hope this is the right forum): I assume it takes a judge to allow legal wiretaps, surviellance, eavesdropping, etc. So, do I (The subject under suspicion) have any right to any accesss to the judge's order, or does anyone involved in it have to tell me the truth if asked point blank if they are involved in any way or if they have any knowledge of the judge's order. Can I access legal documents of the judge's order that allows all this to happen to me (If I have proof, it could be important in an upcoming court case). Hope that's clear enough. Thanks for any responses.

racer72

They can refuse all the things you are asking for until you are arrested. None of that stuff would be considered in the public domain or available for a criminal defense till that info in used against a citizen in a court of law. The police can even lie about what they are doing, that was decided by a Supreme Court decision a few years ago.

P

PrefersPrivacy

The answer to your question depends entirely upon just exactly WHO you think is intercepting your communications. Local and state agencies are bound by much more red tape than say, the F.B.I. The USA PATRIOT ACT makes it such that federal law enforcement agents need only get the approval of a SAIC (Special Agent in Charge), rather than a court's approval, to place any of a variety of 'wiretaps' on your communications. This includes all electronic communications to or from you- ie, email, telephone, cellphone, etc. The tap follows you, it's no longer tied to a specific telephone number (like it used to be when a court order was required).

We need more information, if you can provide it. Check your state's "freedom of information act," or whatever it's called there. Sometimes it's the Public Information Act, sometime's it's the Public Records Act. Many states have them, and you may be entitled to know if you are under investigation. They will NOT turn over the data or recordings they have made. Do the research. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">