• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? For LadynRed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?AR
LadynRed, I am wondering since my 2004 exam was a week and a day ago, should I be expecting to hear something soon? What scenarios, in your opionin, are possibly when I do here? Thanks :)

Ladynred

I would think something should crack on that pretty soon.
What scenarios are there ? The major one would be a motion to dismiss for substantial abuse.. and a conversion to a Ch 13. OR, they could just say 'ok, you convinced us' and you get your Ch 7 discharge.

Thank you for replying again! I wondered because my lawyer hasn't proved to be so timely in the past about notifying me. I had sent an email after the exam asking him how he felt about it, and he never replied. Should I just keep asking him or wait and let him get with me (scarry thought to me). If they dismiss it, can I ever file again and get it discharged later?

Ladynred

If they make a motion to dismiss, you can always convert to a Ch 13, that'll save you from losing the protection of the automatic stay and having to fight back the vultures.

If you decide to just let it dismiss, you certainly can file again, there may or may not be a 6-month wait. With that new bankruptcy bill looming for passage, I'd convert to a Ch 13 if it were me. Better to be in a Ch 13 under Current law, then stuck with a Ch 13 under the new law -- indentured servitude to creditors for FIVE years !

You know, you can always look up the status on Pacer. You have to register with a credit card to get a password, but they only bill quarterly and its only .08/page. If your bill isn't at least $10, they won't even bill you.

I have a Pacer account, if you want (and you trust me), PM me and I can look it up for you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">