• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For LL's: Who has the burden of proof on newley bought property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

If testimony was not evidence, then an eye witness to a crime would be of no value to a prosecutor.
Most everything I can think of as evidence requres testimony as a foundation to getting it in.

LL: "I'd like to enter these photographs/logs/baggie of dog feces of the apartment as evidence."

Tenant: "Objection, lack of foundation."

Judge: "Sustained."

papashaq

Update to the case

Hi all, thanks again for the posts and advice. Well our court date was yesterday after being rescheduled twice. And the plaintiff did not show up for the hearing so the judge dismissed it. Although I am glad that it's over and I won by default, I would have liked to see how the judge would have ruled in the case as I am sure all of you who posted would have liked to know also. So it looks like we may never know who was right and who was wrong...unless she can come up with a really good excuse for not making court, which I have a feeling she will try her hardest to get it reopened. Thanks again for all the posts an advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">