• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Force Employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

GEnerally speaking his earnings potential,with a specific degree ismdarn hard to prove .
...but voluntarily quitting a job may not play so well for Dad .

You need CA seasoned counsel to comment . CA is a community property state and while new spouse has no duty to care for other children , if parent quit a job in reliance upon others higher wage, apparently CA courts may look at higher wage of new spouse .

And making new babies may not be a rationale for providing less child support for existing children .

I strongly suggest you retain CA counsel and not your guess nor mine as to what counts in CA .

torimac

It's a little old, a few weeks, yes but I don't think I would classify it as a necropost. Secondly, she was concerned about college for her son. This is one potential answer given what little is known of the circumstance. With the father being in the military and the child residing in TX, the child may qualify for benefits to attend college under certain circumstances if the child fills out an application and applies. Just passing on information in case OP happens by again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">