• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forced place insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amye

hi, my insurance agent failed to purchase insurance on my mobile home, although she had indicated she had things taken care of. this resulted in forced place insurance on my property, a lapse of insurance for three months and my mortage being put into escrow. i have gone from paying $176.00 to $229.00. my budget is a mess. i have written several letters to the bbb, state department of insurance, and the agent's district manager. i have spent countless hours on the phone with my mortgage company and used a personal day and a sick day to deal with this situation. the insurance agent, who at first tried to put the blame on me, has said she will pay the $42.00 in lapse of insurance. i feel she should at least pay me for the two days i had to use up as well. i feel that what I am asking for is reasonable. what options do you think i have? i am very tempted to go to court. i am not asking for all the extra monies going into the escrow account, or for reimbursement of all the other hours. i am very tired of the whole thing. i would appreciate any help.

thank you

ALawyer

Grow Up

Yes, the agent made a mistake.

Yes, you had a lot of hassle to straighten it out, although possibly because you made a mountain out of a molehill.

Yes, you are ticked and want vengence.

But put things in perspective.

The loss is relatively trivial. If you had a bad experience on a vacation trip the cost would be greater. If it rained on the day you were headed for the beach, would you sue the Lord? Certain things are NOT compensable at law, such as the day you spend going to court.

The agent said she will pay the out of pocket cost. You won. She lost. Don't use her again. But forget about vengence as courts are for recovery of damages, not vengence. There are serious people with serious problems who need real help. Sorry but I have little patience with people who expect perfectionin others but seem flawed themselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">