• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brian

I resigned from my company in August. I was enticed to stay by being offered a promotion. The position and salary were verbal, to be followed by a written, signed agreement which is the standard for this company's managers who change positions. The written never came, and my salary 'understanding' was compromised. After two months of a decrease in pay, I resigned again. This time I was forced to leave the premise, and my vacation pay was withheld. It is claimed I resigned without notice! I need to sue for my vacation, decrease in pay and anticipated earnings for the remainder of the year...HOW?

E

Ex HR Guy

Tough case, and I think you should try to mediate this instead of suing. The bad references will carry with you for years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">