• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Time Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cenzo

What is the name of your state? MA

Injured on the job- collected Workman's Comp for 6 weeks - now back to work - 8AM-5PM
Taking physical therapy on my own time - before and after work since my employer doesn't want me to take time off. ( I don't expect to be paid for physical therapy if I could take it on company time or should I be paid if taken on company time ?) Physical therapy is expected to last for the next two months.

I now have to go for a follow up appointment on 5/2 with the surgeon that repaired my fractured arm however the surgeon only has office hours during my work hours. My company is now forcing me to take a min. of 4 hours off with no pay for the appointment which should take no more than two hours. I would be able to work six hours that day if I were allowed to work. Can my company force me to take the four hours with no pay for the doctor's visit ?

Thank you for your comments.

Cenzo

Beth3

If your employer only allows other similarly situated employees to take time off work in 1/2 day increments, they may do the same for you. While your employer has no obligation to pay you for the time off work, the worker's compensation carrier likely does.

You or the employer should notify the WC carrier of this additional lost time and any other time from work you miss due to your injury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">