• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to Teir 3 financing when approved for Tier 1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Oklahoma
We purchased a vehicle 2 days ago. The dealership was informed that I wanted to use my sisters VPP and that I should qualify for the Nissan 0%. They sent us to a different building to do the financing. This guy told us that we had been denied by Nissan and assigned us to a 3rd Tier lender...at 6+%. We both argued with him but he insisted that he hadn't been told WHY we had been denied, just that it was. It was too late to call my sister in NJ when we got home but called first thing yesterday. She works at Corp at Nissan so she knew who to get in touch with. Interestingly enough, they DID approve me. I can only think of one reason why this would happen. Kickbacks. I am sure that they all got called on the carpet about it because we were called later to see when we could come back in and sign the "new" and correct papers that include the discount and the 0%. Is what they did illegal?

Notes: The car that I want is 400 miles away. It isn't being picked up until Monday, but the dealership is showing it as sold to another dealership. I still have my old car....nothing has been exchanged yet.

adjusterjack

Wasn't illegal. Just business as usual for car dealers who are liars and thieves. You're right about the kickbacks.

You should have told them where to stick the car and walked out.

When you go back to sign new papers, read every word and every number carefully, lest they figure out how to pull another fast one on you.

Wasn't illegal. Just business as usual for car dealers who are liars and thieves. You're right about the kickbacks.

You should have told them where to stick the car and walked out.

When you go back to sign new papers, read every word and every number carefully, lest they figure out how to pull another fast one on you.

Hi Jack! Long time!! Man have things spiraled out of control. Even tho I have contacted that dealer via email that because of their shister shenanigans, I was no longer interested in doing any kind of business with them, he doesn't want to release me or the car. I CC'd a couple of people from Nissan in the hopes that they could make sure that this happened. Now I am being told that I need to get them to release me from that contract. My hubby is so sick of this run around, as am I. I agree that we should have just refused to sign anything, however, I was later told that if they didn't have possession of my car and I don't have possession of theirs - there IS no deal. If hubby goes back to the Finance office of that dealership, it might get ugly. I figured I would ask if Channel 2 wanted to tag along. :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You signed a contract to buy a car and is is binding and valid (unless your state's law allows for a "cooling off" period). I'm not sure what you think may have occurred that was illegal...strange.

adjusterjack

Notes: The car that I want is 400 miles away. It isn't being picked up until Monday, but the dealership is showing it as sold to another dealership. I still have my old car....nothing has been exchanged yet.
No money changed hands?

If you didn't give the dealer any money and you still have your car, if it was me I would just tell dealer you're not buying the car. Period. And he can take the contract and shove it. Then stop talking to him.

Zigner

No money changed hands?

If you didn't give the dealer any money and you still have your car, if it was me I would just tell dealer you're not buying the car. Period. And he can take the contract and shove it. Then stop talking to him.
The finance contract is the consideration.

Zigner

and their damage would be zero if the OP tells them to stick it.
So?

EDIT: I agree that the dealer would have no damages. After all, they'll have the money from the finance company, right? It's the OP who's going to end up hurting.

westside

So?

EDIT: I agree that the dealer would have no damages. After all, they'll have the money from the finance company, right? It's the OP who's going to end up hurting.
Incorrect. You seem to enjoy scaring the posters here over what "could" happen. What WILL happen if she tells the scum that the deal is off is absolutely nothing.

I have decided that if that dealer will not release me from what I consider to be a fraudulent contract, then I will get in touch with their county's DA office. The fact that we were approved for the 0% and then it was totally ignored to push us on another lender is still problematic for me. If I can't get any satisfaction from that office, I will then get the AG involved. It may not have been technically illegal, but I have a feeling that either or both of those offices will at least want to hear my story.
I wrote an email after all of this happened to the GM of that dealership. I copied the Area Mgr and a few others. In that email I told him exactly why I was not interested in completing this sale because of how we were treated. Not once has that GM ever tried to contact me or even reply to my emails. I am trying to be patient and let the dealers work it out on their own, but I am pretty sure I will have to get involved at some point....again. I have never in my life had such a bad experience like this!

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Incorrect. You seem to enjoy scaring the posters here over what "could" happen. What WILL happen if she tells the scum that the deal is off is absolutely nothing.
You don't know what the dealership WILL do. And neither does anyone else here. That would require the ability to read the minds of people we don't even know. :LOL: And not having read the actual documents I cannot say for sure even what options are open to the dealer. But if the contract is good and has no escape clauses for the OP then one of the options for the dealer is to sue for the lost profit on the sale if the OP backs out. No way to guess whether the dealer would pursue it. Some do, some don't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">