• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to Teir 3 financing when approved for Tier 1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

No money changed hands?

If you didn't give the dealer any money and you still have your car, if it was me I would just tell dealer you're not buying the car. Period. And he can take the contract and shove it. Then stop talking to him.

Absolutely no money or vehicles were exchanged. The finance guy told us to go get a loaner so that they could keep my trade in. We called the young salesman to ask if we could just take my car home since it was going to be a weekend....he screwed up and told us to go ahead and take our car home. So I did! :) They really don't have much standing IMO....all they have is a piece of paper. Possession is 9/10ths right? Thanks Jack!

You don't know what the dealership WILL do. And neither does anyone else here. That would require the ability to read the minds of people we don't even know. :LOL: And not having read the actual documents I cannot say for sure even what options are open to the dealer. But if the contract is good and has no escape clauses for the OP then one of the options for the dealer is to sue for the lost profit on the sale if the OP backs out. No way to guess whether the dealer would pursue it. Some do, some don't.

Well to be honest, since my sisters VPP discount is involved, there isn't much money to be made from this deal, if any! Most dealers don't want to deal with it because there is no money in it for them. That is the exact reason why they ignored my request to get the VPP!

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The way I see it is that you have a valid, legally binding contract in place. The dealer is done with this (except for your conversion of the trade-in). Even if they ignore that, you've still got to deal with the finance company.

Best of luck to you.

Wasn't trying to be. Trying to explain to you a reality. This is a civil matter and the DA doesn't handle civil actions.
He may not handle this type of mess, but you can bet that I will be telling this nightmare story to whoever will listen. The AG's office is a whole nuther ball game. I plan on filing a complaint with the CFPB too. It may not have been illegal, but it sure as hell wasn't right either.

Correct, I do not. I DO know how many cases in similar circumstances have been filed in the State of Oklahoma by "wronged" dealerships. Hint: it's a really small number.
So you are in OK too eh? UGH This is just wrong on several levels, to me at least! Thanks for your input!

PayrollHRGuy

He may not handle this type of mess, but you can bet that I will be telling this nightmare story to whoever will listen. The AG's office is a whole nuther ball game. I plan on filing a complaint with the CFPB too. It may not have been illegal, but it sure as hell wasn't right either.
The OK AG would be the correct place to report it. The CFPB deals with banks, lenders and other financial companies and none of those did anything wrong in this case. They would have no jurisdiction over a car dealer.

The OK AG would be the correct place to report it. The CFPB deals with banks, lenders and other financial companies and none of those did anything wrong in this case. They would have no jurisdiction over a car dealer.

Interestingly enough, I just received a phone call from the Finance guy at the dealer. What a sting of BS lies came out of his mouth. I told him in no uncertain terms that we were not moving forward on this deal. He has promised to get me a release....but only after I threatened to contact the AG and file that complaint. This may end up fixing itself :)

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Correct, I do not. I DO know how many cases in similar circumstances have been filed in the State of Oklahoma by "wronged" dealerships. Hint: it's a really small number.
And that is exactly my point. It may not be common, but nevertheless is a possibility and sometimes the dealerships do pursue it. So no one here can say with certainty what it will do. All we can do is say what we think is likely to occur.

I spoke to a VP of Finance at Nissan today. He informed me that NO dealer should ever have a customer sign any kind of a contract....on a car that they do NOT own. That was their first mistake. The 2nd was the salesmen who told us it was OK to take my car home with us. I've heard through the grapevine that 2 ppl lost their jobs over doing that. Merry Christmas eh? SMH He told me to call the dealer back and inform them that they had coerced me into that contract and they had better have that car there by 5pm or the deal is off. LOL I didn't even have to go that far. The dealership in AR is now free to release my car....everyone goes home happy except for the jerks that tried to screw me. Jolly good time!

Thank all of you for your input, it is appreciated!

westside

And that is exactly my point. It may not be common, but nevertheless is a possibility and sometimes the dealerships do pursue it. So no one here can say with certainty what it will do. All we can do is say what we think is likely to occur.
That was my point as well. We know what is likely to occur, which in all but rare cases is nothing. That's what I'd base my decision on.

TigerD

I spoke to a VP of Finance at Nissan today. He informed me that NO dealer should ever have a customer sign any kind of a contract....on a car that they do NOT own. That was their first mistake. The 2nd was the salesmen who told us it was OK to take my car home with us. I've heard through the grapevine that 2 ppl lost their jobs over doing that. Merry Christmas eh? SMH He told me to call the dealer back and inform them that they had coerced me into that contract and they had better have that car there by 5pm or the deal is off. LOL I didn't even have to go that far. The dealership in AR is now free to release my car....everyone goes home happy except for the jerks that tried to screw me. Jolly good time!

Thank all of you for your input, it is appreciated!
Congrats. Amazing that it happened in such a short period of time. Good luck.

TD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">