• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Vacation time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paperhurts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

I am an "outsourced" employee and the company I work AT is having furlough days this year to save money. Because they will not be paying us "outsourced" or "contract" employees for that day, the company I work for decided we, too, would have furloughs. My boss pulled me into his office to review the policy, and informed me of a 2% pay cut from May-December to cover the days off, and showed me a special time code to input for the days off.

However, he was out on Friday when I attempted to put my time in, and I was told by HR that I must use my VACATION time. However, we have a policy at work that we cannot go beyond -40 vacation hours (I earn one day/month) and I have all my vacation time planned out for the rest of the year.

Also, my boss told me I am "salaried" but I was hired as HOURLY and was never told I changed to "salaried," which probably happened when I was promoted but I would think someone would tell me these things.

Can they FORCE me to use vacation time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">