• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forcing the sale of my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pismo

What is the name of your state? California

I have owned a home for 3 years with my boyfriend. We are joint tenants w/survivorship. We split up April 15 of this year and he stayed in the home with his 17 and 18 year old sons. I moved out. That was our verbal agreement. We have a written agreement of a payoff amount to buy me out as of a certain approaching date. If this obligation is not met, the agreement is to promptly sell the property. I feel this is going to be a problem, due to not returning my calls. What action can I take to force the sale of this house? Thanks

HomeGuru

pismo said:
What is the name of your state? California

I have owned a home for 3 years with my boyfriend. We are joint tenants w/survivorship. We split up April 15 of this year and he stayed in the home with his 17 and 18 year old sons. I moved out. That was our verbal agreement. We have a written agreement of a payoff amount to buy me out as of a certain approaching date. If this obligation is not met, the agreement is to promptly sell the property. I feel this is going to be a problem, due to not returning my calls. What action can I take to force the sale of this house? Thanks

**A: Easy, file a lawsuit for partition of the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">