• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ford Dealership blatantly lied about preowned vehicle being in 2 accidents. Auto Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TigerD

As of right now the ACV is about $3000 less than if it was not in any accidents, so that's what I am going to be suing for. and yes that is it appraised to ACV. and originally I was looking for input on the matter, I didn't want to jump to legal action which is why I went through the attorney general first.

And thank you haha, I'm a big fan of the older Halos.
I can't imagine how you are going to bring this case for less than the $3,000 you are asking for. Business-wise - I think this is going to cost you more than you will receive, unless you have a statute that will allow you to recover attorney's fees.

Good luck

TD

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Except the autocheck had the two accidents reported prior to me buying the vehicle. Like I said I contacted autocheck and had it confirmed as such, so that right there is false advertising. and yes they are reported as accidents and not just damage, I obtained copies of both police reports.
What's going to happen when they produce a copy of the report they have that doesn't disclose any accidents?

PayrollHRGuy

As of right now the ACV is about $3000 less than if it was not in any accidents, so that's what I am going to be suing for. and yes that is it appraised to ACV. and originally I was looking for input on the matter, I didn't want to jump to legal action which is why I went through the attorney general first.

And thank you haha, I'm a big fan of the older Halos.

But you haven't had any actual damages and won't until you sell or try to sell the car.

What's going to happen when they produce a copy of the report they have that doesn't disclose any accidents?
Unless they have a copy that's from around 2016, i.e. a year before I even purchased the vehicle, it would be forged. I made sure to get a copy myself and go to several dealerships to make sure the copies matched, which they did

And you were offered $3000 less than book?
I was offered around $4,500 less because it was trading in, and i'm sure you know that trade in value is different than ACV so I got it appraised and got the ACV and the ACV was about $3,000 less. I discussed it with my attorney and brought up in Indiana you CAN sue for treble damages and court fees for this sort of case

PayrollHRGuy

I was offered around $4,500 less because it was trading in, and i'm sure you know that trade in value is different than ACV so I got it appraised and got the ACV and the ACV was about $3,000 less. I discussed it with my attorney and brought up in Indiana you CAN sue for treble damages and court fees for this sort of case
Well, what did your lawyer say when you brought that up?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">