• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreclosed property question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistjgirl1

What is the name of your state?utah

i had a home with a first mortgage and home equity 2nd mortgage. the first foreclosured on the property in august of 2003. a trustee's deed was recorded at the county recorder's office. i have been receiving nasty phone calls from a collection company for the 2nd mortgage, saying that the secured 2nd mortgage became unsecured when the house went to foreclosure and they want payment in full.

i have been told that this is not so. that the 2nd mortgage had 90 days to send to me, in writing, that they would file a default judgment. they did not send me anything regarding a default judgment. i did not receive anything until just recently, and that has been via telephone, not in writing. my credit report is showing that the accountt is charged off, written off and closed.

my question is, is this true or not. does the collection company have the right to harrass me for something over two years old. and if they do what do i do from here because i do not have the money to pay them.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">