• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreclosed, with no notice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

j-bo

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

We had notice of foreclosure May 2003, the sale date would be Aug20th 2003.we negotiated with lender for repayment plan. Due to financial problems, we failed on repayment This was Sept. 2003.Lender sent letter stating that we had options still left.
We called to negotiate again, and they said we have 24 days to get out, that the house was sold on Oct. 8th.
We had not received any notice or letters by regular mail nor by certified mail letting us know when the sheriffs sale date would be.We were wondering if we had any recourse, since we had NO notice of sale date or foreclosure date.
Further, we have no documentation from anyone that the house was sold, or when we have to "get out". HELP QUICKLY! Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

j-bo said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

We had notice of foreclosure May 2003, the sale date would be Aug20th 2003.we negotiated with lender for repayment plan. Due to financial problems, we failed on repayment This was Sept. 2003.Lender sent letter stating that we had options still left.
We called to negotiate again, and they said we have 24 days to get out, that the house was sold on Oct. 8th.
We had not received any notice or letters by regular mail nor by certified mail letting us know when the sheriffs sale date would be.We were wondering if we had any recourse, since we had NO notice of sale date or foreclosure date.
Further, we have no documentation from anyone that the house was sold, or when we have to "get out". HELP QUICKLY! Thank you.

My response:

You had all the notice you're going to get. You can't keep what you can't pay for. You breached your renegotiation agreement, and now you're going to either leave voluntarily, or have the Sheriff physically throw you out with only the clothes on your back.

Get out! The trailer ain't yours!

IAAL

J

j-bo

Understandble....we know the house is not ours! Do we not get any legal notice that the house was sold?
Do we not get any notice of when we have to get out? I mean, is it a day , a week, a month?

I kinda laugh at the remarks on some of the responses to people who have been foreclosed upon or are facing foreclosure. Kinda rude if you ask me. We are all not the "low life scumbags of nonpayment".
Here's hoping you never have any misfortune.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

j-bo said:
Understandble....we know the house is not ours! Do we not get any legal notice that the house was sold?
Do we not get any notice of when we have to get out? I mean, is it a day , a week, a month?

I kinda laugh at the remarks on some of the responses to people who have been foreclosed upon or are facing foreclosure. Kinda rude if you ask me. We are all not the "low life scumbags of nonpayment".
Here's hoping you never have any misfortune.

My response:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah, misfortune bullcrap. You already tried that one with the bank, so don't try it here. If the bank doesn't care, why should I? The fact is, you can't pay. Period.

I already said you've already received all the "notice" you're going to get. The house isn't yours. Can't you understand that simple concept?

Any day now, you're going to wake up to the sounds of Sheriffs outside the house, and banging their way in to throw your sorry asses out! You can't keep what you can't pay for! This is real simple!

Make sure to keep some bags packed - - otherwise you'll be thrown out bodily with only the clothes you're wearing.

Someone else owns the house - - not you!

Get the hell out while the gettin' is good.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">